Skip to main content

We've added 3 new boxcars to our collection! Check these out!

Baltimore & Ohio (Red)

Single (279-4254) Learn More!
4-Piece Dealer Pack (279-4255) Learn More!

Chessie System (Yellow)

Single (279-4256) Learn More!
4-Piece Dealer Pack (279-4257) Learn More!

Milwaukee Road (Black)

Single (279-4258) Learn More!
4-Piece Dealer Pack (279-4259) Learn More!

In case you miss it, I’ve attached our today’s O gauge email. If you want to get these emails in your inbox, click here to sign up!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Menards posted:
EnRouteCODE3 posted:

Christmas stuff is in early this year. Just found these 2 beauties! Sorry if I spoiled the surprise, but I always find my Christmas presents early!

Looks like a teaser for tomorrow's O gauge release...

Where did you find these, EnRoute?

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

I didn't know there would be a teaser tomorrow. Sorry Mark. I could hardly contain my excitement. They were on a pallet with Christmas decorations. 

EnRouteCODE3 posted:
I didn't know there would be a teaser tomorrow. Sorry Mark. I could hardly contain my excitement. They were on a pallet with Christmas decorations. 

No worries, EnRoute!

Go ahead and post the photos - it will definitely get folks excited for tomorrow! 

It's better than any teaser I could come up with haha!

Thank you!

Menards posted:
EnRouteCODE3 posted:

No worries, EnRoute!

Go ahead and post the photos - it will definitely get folks excited for tomorrow! 

It's better than any teaser I could come up with haha!

Thank you!

Attachments

Images (2)
  • IMG_1646
  • IMG_1647

Here are some images and links!

Bob - I thought you would like the Santa Fe especially!

Santa Fe (Blue)
Single (279-4250) Learn More!
4-Piece Dealer Pack (279-4251) Learn More!

Illinois Central
Single (279-4252) Learn More!
4-Piece Dealer Pack (279-4253) Learn More!

Norfolk Southern (Gray)
Single (279-4260) Learn More!
4-Piece Dealer Pack (279-4261) Learn More!

Norfolk and Western
Single (279-4262) Learn More!
4-Piece Dealer Pack (279-4263) Learn More!

In case you miss it, I’ve attached our today’s O gauge email. If you want to get these emails in your inbox, click here to sign up!

Thank you,

Attachments

You need to import express and/or Less-than-Carload boxes.  Some of these were very colorful.  The PRR Merchandise cars, some B&O and MoPac, and SP Overnites are examples of LCL.  UP had three liveries of express box.  GN had some painted like the Orange and Green EMPIRE BUILDER.  

There were never any boxes painted like the UP Heritage.  But you need to do the other five;  you did the SP.

Last edited by Dominic Mazoch

Questio for mark. When do they start stocking the train items in the stores? Does each store recive a set corporate picked selection that is pre determined for all stores or is it up to each store manager what to stock? Could we maybe see one of every item that is currently produced and in stock at the stores this holiday season? You guys have made so many items it could take a whole isle possibly both sides to stock it all. Can't wait to go shopping at menards then.

Lionelzwl2012 posted:

Questio for mark. When do they start stocking the train items in the stores? Does each store recive a set corporate picked selection that is pre determined for all stores or is it up to each store manager what to stock? Could we maybe see one of every item that is currently produced and in stock at the stores this holiday season? You guys have made so many items it could take a whole isle possibly both sides to stock it all. Can't wait to go shopping at menards then.

Hi Lionelzwl2012,

Each store is given a core grouping of train cars and model buildings (O & HO). They should be arriving in the next couple of weeks but it really depends how quickly the individual store puts them on the shelf.

I'm hesitant to give an exact stock list because every store's stock will be different. Yes, they will all start our with the same selection but I don't want to send someone on a wild goose chase if the store is sold out. For example, if you are looking for a Santa Fe Warbonnet boxcar, all stores will have some but they may sell out quickly. I would remind everyone that if you can't find a particular item in our stores, you can order online and shipping to a store is free.

The best I can do is give you an idea of what items will be in stores.

Boxcars
Hoppers (Coal and Covered)
Tank Cars
Flatcars w/ Loads
Military Flatcars w/ Loads

WWII Commemorative Boxcars

There will also be a large selection of O & HO buildings.

I hope you like the selection!

Last edited by Menards
Menards posted:

Here are some images and links!

Bob - I thought you would like the Santa Fe especially!

Santa Fe (Blue)
Single (279-4250) Learn More!
4-Piece Dealer Pack (279-4251) Learn More!

Illinois Central
Single (279-4252) Learn More!
4-Piece Dealer Pack (279-4253) Learn More!

Norfolk Southern (Gray)
Single (279-4260) Learn More!
4-Piece Dealer Pack (279-4261) Learn More!

Norfolk and Western
Single (279-4262) Learn More!
4-Piece Dealer Pack (279-4263) Learn More!

Thank you,

These are great! I need a 4 pack with one of each!

Roger, as Mark stated and as you have probably read here in other posts, Menards does not normally stock train stuff throughout the year in their stores. What they may have is left over stock which is usually fairly sparse and it is stored away with other seasonal stuff, usually on a second floor. Your chance of finding what you want is just by luck, store by store, if you want to see something in person. Beginning with the Christmas season, every Menards will have train stock on display in one or two aisles on the main floor. Even then, each Menards store may be a bit different and may not carry an item that you are interested in as Mark said. I also hope that explains why you did not see any intermodals at the store you visited.

Rick

Lionelzwl2012 posted:

Thanks mark for the reply. Just as I thought. Btw why no intermodal cars at the stores? Or are they sold out? Thats a bummer I was hoping to see one in person maybe if I like it I will buy more online. 

Roger,

I think it all comes down to space on the shelves. If we had unlimited room, I'm sure the intermodal cars would find a place. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Sorry about that!

cabinet Bob posted:

Here are two shots of the car. Yes , the orange band does go all the way through, but you need to be REALLY close to see it.. Remember, this is a 19.99 boxcar..20170922_064121

That does look good, Bob!  Thanks for the photos!  Not "nit-picking" as accused... just making an observation.   I think I am allowed to do that here.   Again, thanks for the pics!

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.