Skip to main content

For fans of the Lionel CSC series of cars, today I received a call from the CSC in Pittsburgh letting me know that the 2012 Lionel car is in.  I haven’t seen anything posted about this car yet on this Forum nor have I seen a picture of it as it’s not listed on their website yet.  I was told that it's a flat car carrying a model of the USS Requin Submarine which is one of their exhibits (although docked in the Ohio River).  The price is $69 plus shipping and sales tax if you’re a PA resident.  I ordered one and it is supposed to be shipped next week or the following week. 

Perhaps someone in Pittsburgh will pick one up before I receive mine and take a photo of it for posting?

Bill

Original Post

Just to be clear to those who may have never seen a Lionel "flat with sub" car, this is a traditional sized flatcar with the same submarine that Lionel has been using since the Postwar era.  people should not expect a scale sub or even a model with a resemblance to the real Requin.

I have the version of the Requin car that was done for a convention in the 'Burgh some years back.  I will try to pick one of these up next time I'm down there.

BTW, it looks like they are showing the Rocky Mountain Express in the Omnimax theater, along with the Polar Express, again this year for the Holiday season.  I highly recommend the Rocky Mountain Express for anyone who loves trains (especially steam trains) and railroad history.

Andy

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.