Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Keep in mind that the new versions of the Lumber Mill are TMCC control only.  Mine works fine other than the belt getting hung up occasionally.

Not true. While there are TMCC versions, there are also modern remakes of the #464 without command control.

Jeff - Probably the main difference in some of the later releases is they switched to "maintenance free motors" rather than the old vibromotor mechanism.

Last edited by johnstrains

For myself, I prefer the #464 and the MPC #2301. The sound of the vibrotor under load always makes kids (and some adults) think it's actually sawing the logs. Check the clearances, my own #464 board loading chute had warped slightly over the years, probably due to the plastic aging. A little filing loosened it up again.

@artyoung posted:

For myself, I prefer the #464 and the MPC #2301. The sound of the vibrotor under load always makes kids (and some adults) think it's actually sawing the logs. Check the clearances, my own #464 board loading chute had warped slightly over the years, probably due to the plastic aging. A little filing loosened it up again.

So far I have tried to slow down the vibro motor so the film runs slower. I was finding that too fast, the round log could not drop out of the way fast enough and then jammed. This seemed to work for a while, but then it too jammed. I will now go back to the Forum and find out how I can find an archive on the 464 troubleshooting. Thanks for the replies.

jeff

So far I have tried to slow down the vibro motor so the film runs slower. I was finding that too fast, the round log could not drop out of the way fast enough and then jammed. This seemed to work for a while, but then it too jammed. I will now go back to the Forum and find out how I can find an archive on the 464 troubleshooting. Thanks for the replies.

jeff

Like so many of these accessories, it all seems to come down to voltage for me. I have my #464 (and several other things like the barrel loader) hooked up to my Type Z transformer which I dedicate to accessories (4 separate outputs). By fine tuning the voltage I can usually find the "sweet spot" for optimal operation. It's a process.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.