Skip to main content

It's official again this year. I see 765 willing be doing 2 weekend trips on the CVSR. According to the CVSR website they will be Saturday Sept 17th & Sunday Sept 18th and Saturday Sept 24 & Sunday Sept 25th. I see both Saturday's will be departing Rockside and Sunday's will be Akron. So with that, I see the 17th and 24th they depart Rockside at 11AM and 3PM. Well since it's 3PM, I'll probably go one of though's Saturday's because I get off work at 2PM or I'll go on Sunday. So with that, on the Saturday trips and Sunday trips, when would you expect the to arrive and depart Brecksville? I ask because that's where most of the time I start filming the 765 and then head south to Boston Mills for the runby's and head between Indigo Lake and Peninsula for my final capture. But this year I might go different. Anyway, here are all my videos so far on the CVSR of the 765.

Last edited by Rich Melvin
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The question I have is, the Sunday trips on 18th and 25th ut of Akron, will they depart northbound or soundbound. If they depart Northbound, I assume the 765 will be on the south side of the train. Also if they go north, how far will they go for the 765 depart back south? I ask because I'm off work that day but I get off on Saturday's at 2PM also. But I thought I would ask. Also on the Saturday trips, I know you depart Rockside, but will you make a stop in Brecksville to let passengers on and off or will you just go through until you get to Boston Mills for runby's?

The 765 will face south and be on the south end of the train for all trips. We could run around the train at Fitz or Peninsula, but there is no place to turn in Akron or anywhere else on the CVSR for that matter. There will be a diesel on the north end for the northbound moves.

This year every trip will run the entire length of the railroad between Rockside Road and Akron. We will also meet the Scenic Train in Peninsula on every trip.

OGR Webmaster posted:

The 765 will face south and be on the south end of the train for all trips. We could run around the train at Fitz or Peninsula, but there is no place to turn in Akron or anywhere else on the CVSR for that matter.

This year every trip will run the entire length of the railroad between Rockside Road and Akron. We will also meet the Scenic Train in Peninsula on every trip.

Thanks Rich. This years trip sounds really good. If you running the whole line on all trips this year, I'll make sure to see her this year at different locations besides the ones I got in previous years. I have'nt seen the 765 pass Indigo Lake Station yet. Anyway, thanks Rich. BTW, will you be running her for these trips?

OGR Webmaster posted:

Now that is good news. We've ridden for the past several years, but we live in the area and I know the stretch between Brecksville and Peninsula like the back of my hand. Full length trips will be a welcome addition. Also, you'll get a lot of publicity in Peninsula. May attract some folks that weren't aware you were going to be there.

wrawroacx posted
I have'nt seen the 765 pass Indigo Lake Station yet. Anyway, thanks Rich. BTW, will you be running her for these trips?

I'll be running on some, but not all the trips. We have four qualified engineers on the crew and I think at least three of us will be there.

The place to be for a great shot at Indigo Lake is up on the hill on the other side of the lake.

OGR Webmaster posted:
wrawroacx posted
I have'nt seen the 765 pass Indigo Lake Station yet. Anyway, thanks Rich. BTW, will you be running her for these trips?

I'll be running on some, but not all the trips. We have four qualified engineers on the crew and I think at least three of us will be there.

The place to be for a great shot at Indigo Lake is up on the hill on the other side of the lake.

Rich, are you talking about the trail where the trail to the west of Indigo Station starts to curve to the south?

Last edited by Wrawroacx

Thank you CO2707. Great resource.   I am helping with cleaning and recoating former NKP Pullman coaches #62 and #90 at Midwest Railway. Both are listed as open window coaches on CVSR website and are slated to make the trip.  Open window basically because the windows can be opened.   The ghosts in #62, though occasional slam the windows shut, but won't appear for cleaning.  Just a shameless plug for Midwest Railway in Cleveland Ohio

Pete S

PETE S posted:

Thank you CO2707. Great resource.   I am helping with cleaning and recoating former NKP Pullman coaches #62 and #90 at Midwest Railway. Both are listed as open window coaches on CVSR website and are slated to make the trip.  Open window basically because the windows can be opened.   The ghosts in #62, though occasional slam the windows shut, but won't appear for cleaning.  Just a shameless plug for Midwest Railway in Cleveland Ohio

Pete S

Nothing shameful at all, Pete.   When is your next open house?

Aug 27 and Sept 24. and again in October. I wonder about the Sept date because several members are volunteer trainmen on CVSR. They won't miss a chance to work around 765.  Don't want to divert this thread, so I'll just say check the mrps Facebook page.  It is really cool to be able to ride behind 765 and work on the NKP coaches.

When I lead a tour at Midwest, I'll be sure to plug 765, the great people at CVSR and a few for OGR forum.

Pete S

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.