Well… we did it. In four weekends we did two graduations and one Bar Mitzvah, none closer to home than 200 miles (Champaign IL, Ann Arbor MI and State College PA). We drove home from State College on a Monday and Tuesday and traffic was wonderfully light.
I finished the stairs by just using Tamiya Fine Gray Primer, sanding some off the stair treads to show some minor wear, added a few nut/bolt/washer castings and then some minor rust runs. I painted the base a concrete mix of Tamiya Buff and Neutral Gray. I found I had to elevate the base a bit to align better with the doors. I used a scrap piece of foam core to raise it. The reason for this is the power lead is not sitting directly over the previously drilled hole (where the Apppliance Store's lead went) so it was holding the building too high off the surface. I will be removing the Hardware Store when I finish the interior so I will redrill the hole at that time.
To prepare the site I had to remove the Bar Mills PE sidewalk elevator. This was CA'd in place so it left some residue that I had to remove. I had painted the pavement under the elevator flat black. I thought I was going to have to repaint the smooth, but this was unnecessary as the Hardware Store came out further and covered all the old stuff.concrete after sanding it.
And here's the rear with the stairs just sitting there. I will glue them down after the final work is done.
And here are a series of frontal shots.
And at "night"...
In the above you can see a temporary spot for the appliance store; in the curve just north of the Sunday Morning mockup. It's a tight squeeze and should probably go where the Gravely Building now sits.
I'm going to keep bugging the store owner to get me those interior pictures. Meanwhile, I'll be doing some plastic kits. My 3D printer is down. I'm getting a new mother board from Elegoo and that's going to take a while to get here. They're a pretty good bunch. Even though the printer is 5 months out of warranty, they are giving me the new board. It just abruptly stopped working and we're hoping this will solve the problem.