Ever have a project that just wouldn't come together. This is the second time I've painted and lettered this car. On the first attempt I made the B&M checkerboard decal on a copy machine and then coated it with Micro Scale decal film. This made it thick and not very pliable so it wouldn't sit down into the details on the car side. When I tried Solvaset it started bubbling the paint, so into the stripper this went. For the second try I printed the decal on a laser printer and did not use decal film on it. I had some issues with the print flaking but I was able to touch these up. Overall it's not the best job I've ever done but for the moment it will do and it does give me a unique car to go with my other B&M cars.
If anyone wants the Checkerboard Herald file to try printing one send me an email and I'll send it to you. This logo was pretty pixelated so I had my daughter take it to her college art class and her and her professor worked on it so the image is pretty good now.