I have a Weaver MEC GP38 (U7583-LP) Ultra Line locomotive. It runs fine in conventional mode but when I tested the TMCC using a Lionel TMCC set with the cab-1 remote, it worked momentarily then quit. It still works in conventional but not TMCC.
I have tried resetting using the code in the manual (43) but it does not respond. If I reset using "8", it resets the sound and the engine starts up and idles. After that the engine does not respond to any commands.
I opened up the body and reset the connections and noted no pinched wires. Here are photos of the boards. I have know idea what I am looking at here, but hopefully someone can help...