Skip to main content

johnshorse posted:

Stupid way to do rebates.

The purpose of those 'rebates' is to drive traffic to their brick-and-mortar stores.

Or would you prefer that they simply not allow you to order from their website unless you lived within their corporate footprint? Anything else defeats the intended purpose of the rebate offer.

I simply wait till the incentive switches to a free item I can use (such as a flatcar) before I place an order.

---PCJ

I guess I have been fortunate.  I live in Menard's Country so I have stores everywhere in the beautiful state of Wisconsin.  However, throughout the year the stores do not carry train stuff so you either have to have them shipped to home or shipped to store.  When possible, I recommend ALWAYS order shipped to store.  I have had no issues and you can always check the items before you leave the store.  Red Owl, Morton's Salt and American Power.  All good items the first time.

I'm with IRON HORSE, I have American power & Light, Grandpa's house, Seed & Feed, Morton, salt, engine house. All came in perfect shape, I also have the Saurkrout building with alittle damage, but I got that in a mystery box and knew that's what comes in the box. I am happy with what I have got sofar!

mike g. posted:

I'm with IRON HORSE, I have American power & Light, Grandpa's house, Seed & Feed, Morton, salt, engine house. All came in perfect shape, I also have the Saurkrout building with alittle damage, but I got that in a mystery box and knew that's what comes in the box. I am happy with what I have got sofar!

Thanks Mike, I was going to jump in , but I just can't.....  Maybe  this is why the moderators  had to stop the last thread from John S. 

cabinet Bob posted:
mike g. posted:

Thanks Mike, I was going to jump in , but I just can't.....  Maybe  this is why the moderators  had to stop the last thread from John S. 

Its ALL good Bob, everyone has different views and I have no problem with that. I just wanted to put my view out there as others have that people do get nice stuff from Menards. 

I hope those who haven't get there issues resolved. Mark and the Menards team try to keep on top of everything, with such a wide variety of products and people buying them its not always easy. But they do go out of there way to fix matters as they come up! Kudos Menards

play trains posted:

I guess I'm lucky but I have at least 10 bldgs from Menards and they all have been fine! The big thing to consider at least for me is that I know Mark and his team of merry men and women will do whatever it takes to make it right! Thus I order with  joy and great confidence the unique products they offer! Did I do good Dad? LOL

LOL

My four Menard's buildings have all arrived in good shape. Add to that I had my power plant in the box on the top shelf of storage. (71" high) My cat decided it was the perfect place for a nap......and knocked the power plant of the shelf onto the concrete floor. I didn't even open the box....just  put it back.....not wanting to look. Yesterday I got it out to place it on the layout and to my surprise it was perfect!!!  I figured it's trp to the floor would have knocked something off......but all is well.  It is going to look so cool lit up on the layout!!! 

cabinet Bob posted:
mike g. posted:

John S just seems to be an overall angry person.  Are his concerns legitimate when he receives broken items?  Of course they are.   However, the fire and brimstone even after several people including Menard's themselves have stepped up, is a bit bizarre.  Oh well...

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.