Skip to main content

Menard's doesn't need to build engines. They just need to keep turning out these great buildings and other fine accessories. Plus, they need to continue and endless supply of freight cars. Someday, if they decide to get into uncharted waters, they should do passenger cars. Buildings, accessories, freight cars, passenger cars and track. The possibilities are never ending..

Last edited by jim sutter
jim sutter posted:

Menard's doesn't need to build engines. They just need to keep turning out these great buildings and other fine accessories. Plus, they need to continue and endless supply of freight cars. Someday, if they decide to get into uncharted waters, they should do passenger cars. Buildings, accessories, freight cars, passenger cars and track. The possibilities are never ending..

All I want and others is a black single dome 8000 gal tank car, please. 

John Pignatelli JR. posted:
jim sutter posted:

Ditto X2.....buildings and great freight cars....

AMCDave posted:
John Pignatelli JR. posted:
jim sutter posted:

Ditto X2.....buildings and great freight cars....

Build it and they will come!

H 2H 4H 5

A good buddy installed ours yesterday.  Without raining on the parade, the height pales in comparison to our Pioneer Valley scale size kit bashed nine story hotel.  I know we're mixing apples and oranges but I would have thought someone would have mentioned this before.  The lights are far too bright.  If the lighting was designed to draw attention to the building they certainly accomplished what they set out too do.  Reminds me of lighted cars that 'glow' if the inside walls aren't painted. Photos were taken with the ceiling lights on, if the room was darkened the glow would be too much.  Is anyone using 3v or 3.5v instead of the 4.5v from Menards?  John in Lansing, ILL

Attachments

Images (3)
  • H 2
  • H 4
  • H 5
Last edited by rattler21

My second York Hotel arrived today after Menards taking the first one back.  The package was poorly packaged with one little piece of clear tape holding the box shut.  The item has a peeling front sign, broken roof trim, paint and glue drippings on the roof and walls.  Sadly the steps and front trim is poorly glued and in many areas separating already.  I plugged her in and the roof top fans grind loudly and ....it is just me...or it that bright light LED lighting inside blinding?  I am going to again, contact, Menards for a resolution.  I am happy many found it well  done but this is my second chance I gave this product.  My best to all.

I love mine.  It is the nicest building on the layout.    However;  my fan is very loud as well and it came poorly packaged. I absolutely love Menards but about half of my items have arrived dinged up.  I have only sent one back but it does bother me a little now that the prices are starting to increase.  I have also never received any of my rebates.  I don't have a Menards near me what I was doing to give them to a forum member.

Oh no...the rebates are Menards coupons????  I should have read the paperwork better.  I just assumed it was a rebate check.  I will not be buying from Menards again.

I know not what to do with the second York Hotel...send it back?  Pack it away and just give up?

Panther97..agreed...they need to whip the shipping department into shape.  Orders came packed in cardboard boxes, lose with no packing.  Items were slamming around boxes all the way to Peyton, CO.

Last edited by johnshorse
johnshorse posted:

Oh no...the rebates are Menards coupons????  I should have read the paperwork better.  I just assumed it was a rebate check.  I will not be buying from Menards again.

I know not what to do with the second York Hotel...send it back?  Pack it away and just give up?

Panther97..agreed...they need to whip the shipping department into shape.  Orders came packed in cardboard boxes, lose with no packing.  Items were slamming around boxes all the way to Peyton, CO.

I love their stuff and will continue to buy from them.  I just wish they would take a little more care packaging the products.  

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.