Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm pretty sure bar mills (barmillsmodels..com) has a kit called Sweaty Betty's.
they also had one attached to a building but that may not be in o scale. tom yorke made a great kit awhile back but it sounds like it would be too "other side of the tracks" for your needs. it's out of production at this point unless you see it on ebay. Model Tech Studios might have something. if those options don't work, do what dave and Frank53 did by using a plasticville diner. you can easily spray paint the pieces "chrome" or metallic silver, add a few details and if you don't weather it much, you'll end up with a relatively new looking 50's era diner.

jerrman
Originally Posted by Joe Hohmann:

Go on eBay and search "diner phone" under all categories. 

Here's a pic of the phone Joe's talking about:

It makes a great looking diner.

I have one also. Just remove all the phone cords from the handset (the roof) and base. Plug in the power wallwart and you can press a "test" button on the back of the unit to play the song. The interior is very highly detailed and easily visible through the windows. Remove the "roof" to show your friends a better view of the detail inside.

For a diner that's ready to go this one is hard to beat!

Here's a link to a video of the diner in action.

Mark

Last edited by banjoflyer

If you go to web sight www.mylittletown.com and select "shop", on Page 1 there is an O scale "Denny's Classic Diner" @ $39.99. And on Page 3 there is an O scale "White Castle" diner @ $44.99. These are both ceramic buildings with complete interiors.

There are other O scale items as well. The sight is worth checking out. I have several of these, and am very happy with their detail.

Paul Goodness

Paul, How is the scale of the My Little Town buildings you have? I really like a few of their buildings but am unsure about the size. I have the "Brown University Van Wickle Gate" which seems to be perfectly compatible with O scale, but the "Haven Brothers Diner" which is really a Food Truck is huge. I think it's close to 1:24. I still like it but it's tough to blend in. I'd love to hear if your buildings are more in line with O scale. Thanks.

Emile

Originally Posted by paul goodness:

If you go to web sight www.mylittletown.com and select "shop", on Page 1 there is an O scale "Denny's Classic Diner" @ $39.99. And on Page 3 there is an O scale "White Castle" diner @ $44.99. These are both ceramic buildings with complete interiors.

There are other O scale items as well. The sight is worth checking out. I have several of these, and am very happy with their detail.

Paul Goodness

Brown_Van_Wickle_Gate

haven_brothers_diner

Attachments

Images (2)
  • Brown_Van_Wickle_Gate
  • haven_brothers_diner
PTC,
 You're not alone in that. Apparently, in Providence, The Haven Brothers Truck is a big deal. There is even a documentary about it and the controversy surrounding an attempt to move it. The movie will be released this June. http://havenbrothersmovie.com

Emile

Originally Posted by Passenger Train Collector:

TheBigCrabCake:

Boy, do I remember the Haven Brothers truck parked a short distance from City hall.

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.