Skip to main content

I finished the Christmas layout for this year.  I showed earlier that I put LEDs in the rear row of buildings.  The buildings I selected for the middle and front rows have interior details.  My wife really likes these.  At short notice I wasn't up to figuring how to light the individual rooms with LEDs, so I opted for the old incandescent C7 light strings.  She liked how the rear row with LEDs are dimmer giving the appearance of depth.  I got the HO train running after I replaced a broken Kadee coupler on the Chessie F-unit with a horn hook coupler from a broken hopper.  I have a folding backdrop, but haven't come up with an easy way of attaching it to the layout.  The HO track is in the way on the rear of the table where I balanced the backdrop previously.  I want to leave room for my wife to access her sewing and craft items behind the layout.

20231211_003920446_iOS

20231211_003946925_iOS

20231213_031106778_iOS

20231213_031123787_iOS

Some of the lit interiors.

Animal shelter

20231213_031218189_iOS

A modest home

20231213_031225548_iOS

Church.  The pastor is in front of the congregation to the left

20231213_031239381_iOS

Fezziwig's party with Scrooge looking in from outside

20231213_031255410_iOS

Attachments

Images (8)
  • 20231211_003920446_iOS
  • 20231211_003946925_iOS
  • 20231213_031106778_iOS
  • 20231213_031123787_iOS
  • 20231213_031218189_iOS
  • 20231213_031225548_iOS
  • 20231213_031239381_iOS
  • 20231213_031255410_iOS
Last edited by Mark Boyce

@Mark Boyce- Great lighting effects Mark, looks really good esp the interior shots!  @Dynamo2112 - Great "anti-pet" solution and a beautiful tree and layout. Thanks for posting.  I am not having as much luck with my "anti-cat" solution, they still jump up under the tree...Why?  Who knows!  @Mark Gannucci - WOW a festival in red and green.  Neat video Mark thanks for posting.

@Christopher2035- Great photos.  I am really impressed at the clarity and degree of detail that you seem to be able to deliver from your camera set up.  What are you using?

Best Wishes everyone

Don

@ed h - Hey well we persevere and get the trains running right!  I have 2 mess makers like shadow and have to guy wire my tree up with a 3 way support system to keep them from knocking it down!

Best wishes and Happy Holidays

Don

@ed h posted:

2023Xmas

Just a circle of LGB under the tree to keep Shadow entertained.  Can't bring out the LGB figures, as we usually find them scattered throughout the house.

I'd love to do a snow covered winter wonderland Christmas layout.....

but.....CAT!

Tell me that this isn't an intimidating look.......

2019-12-15 14.26.07

At least she's not a climber......

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 2019-12-15 14.26.07

Thanks to all for the beautiful pictures of your Christmas Creations. It was a great lift to see them all. I’m in hospital with. Viral pneumonia almost through it but my 02 levels are too low. Hope to get home to put up a tree.
@Mark Boyce I don’t know how heavy your back drop is or the make up of your room; but how about using those stick on hooks that come in all sizes and weight ranges? You could use fishing line to adjust the height.

Oh my, Bob!!  I had viral pneumonia years ago.  It’s not fun!  I’ll be praying for your recovery.

Thank you for the idea.  The backdrop is double sided on 1/4” thick cardboard.  It folds and is intended to sit on the layout slightly folded.  It is heavy as backdrops go.  I tried a couple ideas, and it fell down.  I may just forego it for this year.  Maybe I’ll get the upper level setup again next year and do away with the HO track.  Then it will work out like years past. 🤷‍♂️

@pennsyfan posted:

Thanks to all for the beautiful pictures of your Christmas Creations. It was a great lift to see them all. I’m in hospital with. Viral pneumonia almost through it but my 02 levels are too low. Hope to get home to put up a tree.

@pennsyfan

Bob:

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. We look forward to you here on the forum. I will send up a prayer for your recovery.

@Mark Boyce posted:

Oh my, Bob!!  I had viral pneumonia years ago.  It’s not fun!  I’ll be praying for your recovery.

Thank you for the idea.  The backdrop is double sided on 1/4” thick cardboard.  It folds and is intended to sit on the layout slightly folded.  It is heavy as backdrops go.  I tried a couple ideas, and it fell down.  I may just forego it for this year.  Maybe I’ll get the upper level setup again next year and do away with the HO track.  Then it will work out like years past. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks Mark

@pennsyfan posted:

@Mark Boyce I don’t know how heavy your back drop is or the make up of your room; but how about using those stick on hooks that come in all sizes and weight ranges? You could use fishing line to adjust the height.

Bob,

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

@Mark Boyce- Great lighting effects Mark, looks really good esp the interior shots!  @Dynamo2112 - Great "anti-pet" solution and a beautiful tree and layout. Thanks for posting.  I am not having as much luck with my "anti-cat" solution, they still jump up under the tree...Why?  Who knows!  @Mark Gannucci - WOW a festival in red and green.  Neat video Mark thanks for posting.

@Christopher2035- Great photos.  I am really impressed at the clarity and degree of detail that you seem to be able to deliver from your camera set up.  What are you using?

Best Wishes everyone

Don

@Don McErlean  - I'm using a Nikon D4s or D810 with a strobe flash & room lighting.  The photos are then run through Adobe Lightroom

@pennsyfan- Bob, forgive my oversight, I was just re-reading this thread and caught that you were in the hospital.  Man, watch those O2 levels for sure, please take whatever precautions your Doc suggests.  We (and yes I mean both of us...I am 79+) need that oxygen for sure.  I had a brush with low levels when sleeping and now have to use a CPAF machine at night.  Annoying but I am still here in the morning which I count as most important.  Please take care and get well soon.

Best Wishes

Don

Alas, after 2000 years, the Christmas Candle gets an upgrade.

Revered for it's simplicity and elegance, this candle can provide both a wonderful diesel (or coal if that's your thing) fragrance along with that most engaging background sound we all have dedicated how many days/months/years/miles/ or even other countries to pursue and enjoy!!!!

Get one today of your home or office!!! There's still time!!

Attachments

Videos (1)
IMG_9488

Revered for it's simplicity and elegance, this candle can provide both a wonderful diesel (or coal if that's your thing) fragrance along with that most engaging background sound we all have dedicated how many days/months/years/miles/ or even other countries to pursue and enjoy!!!!

Bob, that is an impressive candle to say the least!!  I like your imagination!!  It would have been great for work; when I was still working! 

Alas, no candles (or engine smoke) in my house.  Besides setting off the smoke detectors tied into the security system, smoke messes with my wife's low grade asthma.  She doesn't even burn any fragrant candles anymore. 

Mark, Thanks for your note. It was fun to do....even though I have a zillion other things to do. I am using JT Clove smoke fluid at the moment.  Nice scent but not overwhelming like some of the candles with metal wicks. Those are the ones that leave soot up the wall.

Funny you mention smoke detectors. I have had virtual clouds in my train room but never set anything off even once. I think the cloud falls more under the "vapor" context than smoke, which might explain why the smoke detectors never see it.

What an excellent idea for the holidays when family and friends come over, especially for a train enthusiast.

Gene

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.