Skip to main content

My dad bought the green engine sometime in 70s ( yellow box) and he gave it to me at some point.   I have owned it as long as I can remember and it has a lot of miles on it.

The kids have really been excited about setting the larger G scale layout up.  It has been up since the weekend after Halloween.  They run it daily.

IMG_9066

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_9066
Videos (1)
IMG_9065
Last edited by Hump Yard Mike

There’s Been a Visit with Grandsons and Additional track laid on the main line with a “Bypass” (is that correctly named?) that can be Powered Off for parking, refueling, and potty breaks….. lol

Also, plans for immediate construction 🚧 of a pedestrian crossing (apparently a person request requires immediate attention, along with a meeting….. about Why, there was not a meeting…. to pull building permits…. Prior to the construction of the additional track) meetings…… ah, well, grandson said “Papa said it was OK”.  All is good.

Congrats to all the great holiday layout shares by ALL! Happy Holidays.. 🚂 IMG_8346IMG_8348

Attachments

Images (2)
  • IMG_8346
  • IMG_8348

Here is our train garden this year.

The first photo is with Mr. chessiechick's Lionel Pennsy set that we've used under the tree since about 2012.

I didn't start collecting trains until January 2023, when I bought my Chessie engine. I've been collecting freight cars since then, but I haven't been able to run them since the basement layout is not built yet. So I was VERY excited to put them all on the train garden (except for the 2 that are too big). They fill up half the 4x8 loop! That's the second photo. (I was not so excited when one of the couplers opened and the engine took off and rammed the caboose, but thankfully no damage.)

Sorry for the poor quality - I was trying to post videos, but they were too large, so I just grabbed a still shot from each video, because I'm too tired tonight to get down on the floor one more time! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

2023 train garden prr2023 train garden chessie

Attachments

Images (2)
  • 2023 train garden prr
  • 2023 train garden chessie
@Miggy posted:

There’s Been a Visit with Grandsons and Additional track laid on the main line with a “Bypass” (is that correctly named?) that can be Powered Off for parking, refueling, and potty breaks….. lol

Also, plans for immediate construction 🚧 of a pedestrian crossing (apparently a person request requires immediate attention, along with a meeting….. about Why, there was not a meeting…. to pull building permits…. Prior to the construction of the additional track) meetings…… ah, well, grandson said “Papa said it was OK”.  All is good.

Congrats to all the great holiday layout shares by ALL! Happy Holidays.. 🚂 IMG_8346IMG_8348

Looks great. I went through a similar situation. Last year I layed track around the house and my wife was so ****ed because she tripped over the track so I had to put flashing LED'S  in the spots anyone would cross.

@trumptrain posted:

Christmas trees delivered by Railway Express Agency circa 1953. IMG_4150

A lite snow has fallen this morning.

Patrick......thank you so much!

This vignette evoked very special memories for me.

In the East/Central Bronx, along East Tremont Ave, north of an apartment development called Parkchester (where the Bronx DMV is now), the New Haven Line into the HellGate Bridge ran. On the site of the future DMV was a small freight yard. We (my Dad, uncles and myself) would go there to buy our trees off the boxcars. I had to be very young (maybe about 4-7 and consequently, 1956-60). What I remember are the boxcars selling trees; cold and snow; colored Christmas lights strung up on 2x4s; and, 55 gallon drums with crackling fires to keep everyone warm.....

Thank you, again!

Peter

Last edited by Putnam Division

Patrick......thank you so much!

This vignette evoked very special memories for me.

In the East/Central Bronx, along East Tremont Ave, north of an apartment development called Parkchester (where the Bronx DMV is now), the New Haven Line into the HellGate Bridge ran. On the site of the future DMV was a small freight yard. We (my Dad, uncles and myself) would go there to buy our trees off the boxcars. I had to be very young (maybe about 4-7 and consequently, 1956-60). What I remember are the boxcars selling trees; cold and snow; colored Christmas lights strung up on 2x4s; and, 55 gallon drums with crackling fires to keep everyone warm.....

Thank you, again!

Peter

Thank you for sharing your good memories, Peter!!  Merry Christmas

I recently moved from NJ to NC and am working on a permanent layout downstairs. We spend winter in Florida but came north for a couple of weeks for Christmas so my Christmas under the tree layout is only up for a short time. Needed to keep it simple. I thought it was the right occasion to unpack some of my candy reefers and tanks.

Merry Christmas Everyone! You all have some awesome holiday layouts and I'm loving those red engines!

Mikki

Attachments

Images (1)
  • NC christmas tree 2023
Videos (1)
NC Christmas Tree Train
@Mikki posted:

I recently moved from NJ to NC and am working on a permanent layout downstairs. We spend winter in Florida but came north for a couple of weeks for Christmas so my Christmas under the tree layout is only up for a short time. Needed to keep it simple. I thought it was the right occasion to unpack some of my candy reefers and tanks.

Merry Christmas Everyone! You all have some awesome holiday layouts and I'm loving those red engines!

Mikki

Mikki, what part of North Carolina?

Ron

Merry Christmas everyone.

Great photos and videos by all.

Here is the video of my 2023 layout.  Three hollow core doors and O-31 tubular track.  I forgot, however that the Lionel Hogwarts Express doesn't work on less than O-36 curves so I parked it for display purposes.

I'll post some still photos later.

Yup, the Welcome Back Kotter intro was intentional

Last edited by Amfleet25124

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.