Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

There should be a rubber like washer with three fingers on the face of the coil (under the rotating cup). Is the washer there? If so, do the fingers look worn.

I think it is a good idea to clean out the hole at the center of the coil. I use a drill bit that just fits. I turn the bit with my fingers, perhaps using a pin vise. The idea is to clean out any dirt, not to enlarge the hole.

No lubrication is required.

I've got a Greenberg's reprint of the Lionel manual, but it doesn't show a parts breakdown like Olsen's does. 

It looks like the rubber washer is there, and one of the fingers is missing. I'll send for a new one. what holds the rubber washer in place?

and am I correct in that the rotating cup is the only thing that moves? (other than the swing arm)

thanks again

Last edited by Steamer

came across a couple other neat things in Jim's stuff. anyone know what this track would activate? all it says on it is "Made in USA" The spring looks similar to the one Marx used on the tilt coupler.

and, this just HAS to be worth $$$$....unopened, in the original package, NOS Lionel track pins! should get at least enough to finally get that 226E I've been wanting..... (J/K)PTDC0001PTDC0002PTDC0003PTDC0004PTDC0005

Attachments

Images (5)
  • PTDC0001
  • PTDC0002
  • PTDC0003
  • PTDC0004
  • PTDC0005

Replace the rubber washer if one finger of the washer is missing. The original washer is held on by a 'sticky' back . Replacements are just held on by friction which work fine. Then add a light sprinkle of powered graphite to the inside cup. This lubes the cup and helps wonders. The track is a Marx brand uncoupler track for their tilting scissor couplers.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.