Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

NYC buffalo,

Thanks for input. In inspecting my trolley, I find the black piece that holds the pole to the shaft does no have a slot to position the pole?? It must be a replacement part?? I have another trolley in storage that I will drag out to see if it has the grove you described? Thanks again for your input, and I'm from Buffalo too allthough  I now live in Fla.

Paul

On at least some Postwar Lionel trolleys the end of the pole is upset. It's been a while since I looked at one, I think it was a diamond shape.  The trolley pole holder locks onto it.

The end of the pole for a #69 maintenance car is smooth. On that car, the friction fit of the sign is enough. It doesn't take much to turn the sign.

I'd have to look at Modern era ones to see what they did.

I'm almost there, but still wandering....

I want to see all parts disassembled now too. Lol.

I recall a few spring mounts on PW being ; slot head shaft (like a screws head, wire seated in the slot) , D shaft, and fixed key on the shaft. I recall a diamond bend on some poles at the bench(not all), and thought it keyed in a thin slot on the blk. spring, and a V depression in the shaft  I thought there was a short and long pole, and various loop revolutions too. There was one that the pole was a through shaft pin, but that might have been a repair or mod. There were really too many versions too recall with bashes, and those GM knock offs and battery op. trolleys too.

But there is no pw version I didn't have access too.....they are all fun...and I never had an issue with putting poles back on. Only a couple "threw" fits on occasion, usually at high speed. I think it was a D shaft and a fixed key.

There were two or three bodies, two roofs,  different spring molds, different window shades and silhouettes, and routes, lettering, differnt bumpers, and diffrent shades of yellow to yellow/orange. Plus how many mechanical variations?

I wonder what else even compares in its shear number of design changes over time. Plus, it just might be the best selling plastic aftermarket parts segment? Gee what a legacy.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.