Skip to main content

Usually, York week coincides with NPR pledge week.  The only thing worse than listening to pledge week (after I've already written my check) is to listen to pledge week on every NPR station I encounter on my 550-mile drive.  Our local pledge drive was this week, so hopefully it will be the same for all the other stations along the route.

Get an XM radio.

Originally Posted by Mallard4468:

Usually, York week coincides with NPR pledge week.  The only thing worse than listening to pledge week (after I've already written my check) is to listen to pledge week on every NPR station I encounter on my 550-mile drive.  Our local pledge drive was this week, so hopefully it will be the same for all the other stations along the route.

Originally Posted by rail:

NPR- National Public Radio, a PBS- Public Broadcast Station radio network. A former co-worker called it begging week when they hold their fundraising campaign.

Don

Yes, and it KILLS them when they have to use their most popular program to induce you to give..."Car Talk" with "Click & Clack, the Tappet Brothers". They origionally thought that that show was too "low class" to air.

"Even XM has announcers that love to talk at times"

We listen to Channel 69, Escape, that has an "easy listening, good music" format. Only one station identification per hour, that's it. Lasts five seconds.

XM is always on when we start the vehicles. Makes every trip more enjoyable, especially a long one like going to York.  

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.