Oh yes! I've had some spectacular train crashes too. Especially when something ends up hitting the concrete. In all cases I was able to repair and restore. It always happened when I walked away from the controls when I thought
"everything was running okay". It was until it wasn't. One time was when a coupler parted in the middle of the train and the engine and it's cars came fully around and rammed the caboose. It wasn't pretty, but the engine, while derailing, didn't leave the table. The other was when my baby grandson #2, while in my arms, reached out to grab the J1-a and managed to pull it off the table while it was hurtling by. It fell nose first to the floor, but my leg broke its fall a bit. It smashed the headlight, front steps on the fireman's side and broke the solder joint holding the cab and back end of the boiler to the lower member. I ordered a new light from Precision Scale, fixed the back joint with epoxy, and straightened everything else. Sunset 3rd Rail sent me some matching Brunswick Green touchup paint and it really looks pretty good.
The work on the Rick House is underway. I ordered all the scale lumber ($100+) and finished designing assembly jigs on SketchUp that I will 3D print. I could make the jigs out of scrap wood, but this way, the jigs and the drawings are all in sync.
Jig #1 will be to assemble the individual Rick Panels. There are 72 of these in my design.
Jig #2 will set the spacing for the individual Rick Bays.
Jig #3 will set the aisle distance that separates the adjacent bays and set the gap to the next bay sets.
It will take some more experimentation with the actual foundation to get it all working as I'm envisioning it. Regardless, I will need some aids to get 72 of these things in some semblance of order.