Oh... that's so good! So, here's the deal. I could get this or get the DCS/Legacy control systems the layout needs... I can't get both... at least not this year.
I finished the gluing today, worked for close to five hours. Much to my horror, some of the new Loctite glue was gluing to the tracks great, but was releasing from the Flexibed. Judicious use of super-glue got things under control, but it freaked me out. I went back to using the DAP adhesive.
I made a couple of wood gauges to properly space the yard tracks to 3.5 center-to-center, and I used a string line to set up the long run from the outside yard switch to the engine service tracks. Everything came out pretty well and the last "s" curve piece that connects the yard to the inner mainline at the swing-gate pretty much dropped in with no correction. All in all, the track really fit well and other that problems with the very first tracks we laid down, it went according to the RRTrack drawing.
I'm letting all of tonight's work cure for 24 hours, then I'll clean everything up for another overall status shot. Then it will be on to wiring.