Skip to main content

They have arrived!

Check out our newest 8 boxcars and 12 hoppers!

New Boxcars!

Shop Now >
279-4559A

New Covered Hoppers!

Shop Now >

279-3583A

New Coal Hoppers!

Shop Now >

279-3869A

Don’t forget, now through December 1, 2018, buy any O gauge train item $19.99 and higher and get a FREE Pepsi Box Truck!

279-4460A 

IMPORTANT: This offer is valid on online purchase only. You MUST add (1) Pepsi Box Truck (SKU# 279-4460) to your shopping cart for every qualifying train item you wish to purchase. The box truck price will be subtracted as part of the checkout process.

Click here to shop now!

In case you missed it, I've included today's train email below.

If you want to receive these special offers and new product announcements, click here!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
- Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

saw these today at my local menards. the katy,Burlington route, mstl,all were wanting to go home with me. after closer inspection the katy had real bad paint damage due the the clamshell packaging they are in. the other two cars the wheel sets looked odd at a glance and after a closer inspection. on both of the cars one wheel set was way out of gauge. these would not have tracked well through any switches due to this. deciding that at 19.99 plus another 20 per car to put good reliable trucks on them it was not worth it in the end so I passed. their was a reading green box car missing half of its printed logo on one side of the car. at least for me the buildings are a must have,but I will pass on the new cars at least untill the quality issues are fixed. yes I realize these are not 70.00 mth or lionel freight cars, but for the 19.99 price at least they should be usable out of the box. I would realy like the intermodal well cars and the canadian pacific bulkhead cars with wood load. I am afraid to order these sight unseen due to at least the quality of the trucks issue. they still have my buisness as far as the buildings go though. I need at least three more now. 

Roger,

I have had one of the bulkhead flatcars with the wood load for a couple of years now and it is one of my favorite cars, regardless of price point. I really love it.  I also have one of the intermodal cars and plan to add a couple more, so I guess I like those, too. I generally don't weather my rolling stock, but I do plan to weather these--I think it will enhance their appearance.

Jim

Last edited by Tuscan Jim

Thanks to Menards for the new road names on box cars & hoppers !   I just bought two of the box cars (BURLINGTON, MSTL)& two hoppers (CNW) on 11/21 !  I am waiting on the Frisco tank cars , I saw two of them when I was younger in the CNW yard in Butler .  My guess they were being scrapped or repaired by CNW .  Frisco had great paint colors . I hope to buy more cars after Christmas .  I went to three Menards stores to get them .  

franktrain posted:

I was at my local Menards and saw the new boxcars and hoppers very nice, There was only one of each and this was my first choice. The new metal trucks are very nice. 

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! 

IMG_8152

I checked online Wednesday to see if my store had this one in stock. It didn’t look like it was available there, so I ordered it and am having it shipped to the store, along with the free Pepsi delivery truck.

Stopped by my local Menards's yesterday, found 1 of the Union Pacific hoppers with coal load. Also there was 1 Soo Line hopper, was hoping for the Erie Lackawanna hopper but no luck!! May have to break down & order them. I did notice there is a small difference in color on the new Union Pacific hopper with coal load vs the Union Pacific covered hopper offered by Menard's I believe in 2017.  I actually like the color of the latest release better it seems to be a little darker.

Attachments

Images (3)
  • union pacific coverd hopper 1
  • union pacific hopper with coal load
  • union pacific hoppers

Hey Guys,

Just so everyone is aware, we ran out of Pepsi box trucks but the show must go on!

Now through December 1, 2018, buy any O gauge train item $19.99 and higher and get a FREE Jack's Delivery Box Truck!

279-4457A N 

IMPORTANT: This offer is valid on online purchase only. You MUST add (1) Jack's Delivery Truck (SKU# 279-4457) to your shopping cart for every qualifying train item you wish to purchase. The box truck price will be subtracted as part of the checkout process.

Click here to shop now!

In case you missed it, I've included today's train email below.

If you want to receive these special offers and new product announcements, click here!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.