Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Your pictures dont show exactly where the wires connect to on the loco. If the wires with red stripe go to the center rail then its probably safe to assume that the wires without the red stripe go to the outer rails.

In the pic of the wiring diagram, the back wire above the red wire would go to the outer rails.

You will want a wire from the wheels to the 4-hole connector for motor and track.  Do not connect anything that will draw a lot of power to the commons on the other side of the Cruise Commander.  If you read the instructions, they tell you not to connect the smoke unit return through the Cruise Commander commons, so it's certainly not a good idea to route all the power through there!  That's why there are larger connectors (and PCB traces) on the power and motor connection side.

I like the wheels to also be connected properly to the frame as well, and that's part of my basic installation.

You need a connection from the wheels to the power connection on the Cruise Commander.  I also want a connection from the wheels to the frame.  What I normally do is bring the two wires up and bolt them to the frame and also bolt another wire to the connection that goes to the Cruise Commander power input.

What you don't want to do is run these wires to the commons with the other signals, they're for low current common connections.

Last edited by gunrunnerjohn
OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.