Skip to main content

Frank A. Mills posted:

My Village of Make Believe, continuing a family tradition started in the late 1800s, now into its seventh generation with my great grandson.  The Facebook Page  includes photos several years, including 2015.  It is also where I post a continuing story in photos of the Village.  The two attachments to this post have their accompanying story on the Facebook page (caption has link).

Attachments

Images (2)
  • Fettziwig: Story: https://www.facebook.com/villageofmakebelieve/photos/a.607760889295372.1073741827.607759732628821/991713300900127/?type=3&theater
  • depot: Story: https://www.facebook.com/villageofmakebelieve/photos/a.992181687519955.1073741849.607759732628821/992181707519953/?type=3&theater
Last edited by Frank A. Mills

Fantastic work everyone.  I'm envious.  Working on something for this year in our new house.  Will be very, very simple but larger than any carpet RR we've previously had (more track).  For now, here's a couple pics from our window seat bumper line from last year.  Sadly, no window seat this year to build the bumper line on.

Hope to post some pics of the barren carpet RR soon.

Keep these inspirational photos coming!!

Thanks,

Ron

2014 Window Seat Bumper Line-WIndow seat Christmas %22bumper%22 line_L7A9935-Edit2014 Window Seat Bumper Line-WIndow seat Christmas %22bumper%22 line_L7A99372014 Window Seat Bumper Line-WIndow seat Christmas %22bumper%22 line_L7A99152014 Window Seat Bumper Line-WIndow seat Christmas %22bumper%22 line_L7A9919

Attachments

Images (4)
  • 2014 Window Seat Bumper Line-WIndow seat Christmas %22bumper%22 line_L7A9935-Edit: The Express coming to town.
  • 2014 Window Seat Bumper Line-WIndow seat Christmas %22bumper%22 line_L7A9937: Passing Ralphie's.
  • 2014 Window Seat Bumper Line-WIndow seat Christmas %22bumper%22 line_L7A9915: Christmas Trolley taking shoppers downtown.
  • 2014 Window Seat Bumper Line-WIndow seat Christmas %22bumper%22 line_L7A9919: The reason for the season.
Last edited by FrankfordJunction

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well the over all picture of the 2015 PCRR Christmas layout is starting to come together, with the addition of the inner 2nd level RealTrax loop for the new Santa Train coming Christmas morning, for around the foot of the Bear Hugging Christmas Tree, and some of the Christmas Village below on the 1st level.  Further additional pictures to come as work progresses.

Todays job, Programming the ERR upgraded 249 Tin Plate Engine & Tender, you see on the outside 2nd level in the picture, into the Legacy Cab2, with the outstanding directions GunRunnerJohn, has taken pity on me, and so nicely provided.  

Merry Christmas everybody!DSCN1391DSCN1388DSCN1389

PCRR/Dave

Attachments

Images (3)
  • DSCN1391
  • DSCN1388
  • DSCN1389
Last edited by Pine Creek Railroad

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Some family history has also been added to the PCRR Christmas Layout this year.  This addition is a Framed Clark Picture, of my Great Grandfather bringing his Logging Train down the Mountain Switch Back just outside of Galeton, Pa, in the early 1800's.  Clark's picture was take with an old Stand  Up curtain draped Tripod Box Camera, it is one of my treasured family possessions.

Merry Christmas 

PCRR/DaveDSCN1392DSCN1393DSCN1389

Attachments

Images (3)
  • DSCN1392
  • DSCN1393
  • DSCN1389

imageimageimageimageimage

Christmas 2015 mixed Tinplate, some old, some repop. Track is old school pressed tin with track clips as needed. Works stupendously and fits the aesthetic I was going for. Still making some finishing touches, complete for the most part.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Some notes:

tunnels are wrapped up gifts with painted Lionel portals added.

trees are all small Xmas trees from craft stores reshaped.

tree skirt, landscape, roadbed is grey velvet styled upholstery. (Great for hiding wires. ;-) 

Attachments

Images (5)
  • Return Loop Tree: Current
  • Main Tree Loop: O Tannenbaum
  • Return loop: Orig Lionel Station and Prewar bridges
  • Bridges: A river runs through it
  • Main: Lionel Classics 115 fits well with the over all pallete
Videos (2)
Layout 2015
Freight
Bob Snyder posted:
wmtrainnut09 posted:

This is from last year.  This years will be pretty much the same.

DSC_0263ogr

Love that station.  Is it Department 56?  If so, do you know the model number?

This is a Department 56 piece from the Heritage Village Collection, "Christmas in the City" series.  It is labeled "Grand Central Railway Station", #58881.  I got this piece I believe over ten years ago.  It was retired in 1999.  Browsing the web, I found that there are some still out there for sale.

Loving the many different layouts shown thanks so much for sharing everyone.

Here are some more photos from our Polar Express event at our Railway museum.  The Royal Hudson kids get to climb in the cab and ring the bell.  I have a Lionel Sound unit from many years back with the recording of the Royal Hudson sounds mounted in the  cab, when they pull the Whistle cord they get a loud blast of the Whistle sounds with the speaker mounted in a round shipping tube it really amplifies the sounds.  While I lube the engines and grease the gear boxes this one seems to have run dry and you can see the gear shavings as a result bad news but a good lube and clean and it still runs well. Trains especially the big Williams engines that pull long trains run fast and get a lot of wear running all day on the layout. Shots of the kids activating the animated stuff and running the trains. Third to last photo of my set up hung from the roof that turns slowly and the planes and Santa and reindeer hang from and fly.

q1q2q3q4q5q6q7q8q9q10q11q12q13q14q15q16

Attachments

Images (16)
  • q1
  • q2
  • q3
  • q4
  • q5
  • q6
  • q7
  • q8
  • q9
  • q10
  • q11
  • q12
  • q13
  • q14
  • q15
  • q16
Last edited by kj356

DSCN1394

NYC Fan,    The PCRR Christmas layout is nearing completion, all tracks on all levels tested excepting the street car upper level, everything is running perfect, DCS/Legacy & Conventional.  We start setting people and vehicles tomorrow and work on the upper street Car level the day after.  Then mom can put the skirt around the platform and I will add the new wood fencing, it's Christmas time on the PCRR!

PCRR/DaveDSCN1398

Attachments

Images (2)
  • DSCN1398
  • DSCN1394
Last edited by Pine Creek Railroad
sinclair posted:
BobbyD posted:
Nick12DMC posted:

Ordered a few new bits for this year including the 45 deg crossing to add a bit more interest. More to do but here's a in progress pic..

Nick

Nice. Track plan?

Pretty sure that's the twice around FasTrack plan from the back of the Lionel catalog.

Can't take credit for the plan. It's from the 2014 Lionel Christmas Catalog. 

Nick

Hi, When we are done with our setup we video it, edit it and add music.  This years edition is now done.  Please enjoy!  The first 7 minutes is the layout.  The last 7 minutes are the Hallmark Musical Animated Figures.   If you go to our youtube channel you can see our video from last year and the one we did for Halloween.

EddieZ

Last edited by EddieZ

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.