Skip to main content

Dear Forum Members,

A few pictures of projects that our membership has been working on in 2017-18.

Our On30 layout is nearing its track expansion completion and additional scenery to be installed.

The Alpha Cement plant is coming to completion as a vital industry to our layout.

Our 30th street station area is now populated and period vehicles added.IMG_0165IMG_0168IMG_0169IMG_0171IMG_0173IMG_0174IMG_0175

The steel mill project is at its beginning phase utilizing the Walthers HO kit as a basis of the building.

We are always looking for new members to join our ranks at the CV club. We have members that there primary scale is N,S,HO,3 Rail and of course 2 Rail. The only requirement is to have fun and fit in with the fellowship and camaraderie of our current members.

For more information on Membership please contact John P.Dunn Sr. 609-432-2871 or jdunn8888@comcast.net

Hope you all enjoy the photos !! John P.Dunn Sr. President, CVMRR

Strasburg Pa. 04/14/2018

Attachments

Images (7)
  • IMG_0165
  • IMG_0168
  • IMG_0169
  • IMG_0171
  • IMG_0173
  • IMG_0174
  • IMG_0175
Last edited by jdunn
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Tom, I did the roads and paved areas for the 30th Street Station.

After researching the station, I determined the widths I'd need of 1/4" plexiglass and how long the pieces needed to be. To minimize the amount of cutting I'd have to do. We ordered the stock from ePlastics.com. After installing the sidewalks the edges of the plexi was darkened with a large chisel point black Sharpie to make the thickness disappear. I used white auto pinstriping to line the streets and crosswalks. Yellow lines did not come into use until after our 1950's time period.

I only wish I had the forethought to use non-glare plexi.

There is a thread with more photos elsewhere here if you search for '30th Street' in this forum section

Last edited by PRR Man

Chris, I admired you work.  It  gave me an inspiration  for an off scene staging area  for a visually  monitored 0-5-0 access.  Thanks!

IMG_8505

I have another station area to do and I am now planning to use your Plexiglas theme.  

Would you think the non glare product  would show the subway as well or would you think it to be slightly occluded?  Would light placement / shading reduce glare?

Have you tried a non glare sample for a comparison? 

See you all Saturday @Strasburg.  I see an excellent weather report for a great day in RR nirvana.

Attachments

Images (3)
  • IMG_8501
  • IMG_8504
  • IMG_8505
Last edited by Tom Tee

Thank you Tom, my only experience with non-glare has been with picture frames. The surface does have a slight 'matte' finish, so I'd say it is 95% transparent.

my complaint comes from the reflection of our light fixtures. if you can locate yours so the viewing angle(s) do not reflect overhead lighting then non-glare product is not needed.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.