Skip to main content

I purchase the Legacy Berkshire and the cars that were announced on the earlier catalog.  The cars arrived to us at the end of last month.  On page 23 of the new catalog, are the Chocolate Car and the RPO intended to match the cars we just received?  I would like to pre-order, but want to be fairly sure.

Regarding the UP Challenger, (page 65) has baggage car in addition to the 2-car set.  I have the extra 2 pack I bought when I purchased the cars last year.  The catalog shows a 2-car add on that looks the same as offered before.  I think I will pass on those, but what about the 60' yellow baggage car.  It does not look like it belongs to the 21" cars.  Am I correct or is that what was used in real life.  Cars look like 2 different styles.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Bryant Dunivan 111417 posted:

I purchase the Legacy Berkshire and the cars that were announced on the earlier catalog.  The cars arrived to us at the end of last month.  On page 23 of the new catalog, are the Chocolate Car and the RPO intended to match the cars we just received?  I would like to pre-order, but want to be fairly sure.

Regarding the UP Challenger, (page 65) has baggage car in addition to the 2-car set.  I have the extra 2 pack I bought when I purchased the cars last year.  The catalog shows a 2-car add on that looks the same as offered before.  I think I will pass on those, but what about the 60' yellow baggage car.  It does not look like it belongs to the 21" cars.  Am I correct or is that what was used in real life.  Cars look like 2 different styles.

I picked up all the up 21" cars so far and the RPO.  The challenger cars are fantastic and for whatever the reason I prefer them over the excursion vs.   I will probably pick up both add ons packs because I want to get as many domes as possible as their excursion trains are full of domes.   Ill probably do one of each baggage and they greyhound rpo.   That old weaver tooling is very nice. and blends in well with the 21" cars to answer your question.  The yellow RPO looks right at home in the challenger consist

Page 23?  I only see the NYC set on PAge 23! Do you mean PAge #152 & 153? IF so the "HOT chocolate car will have station sounds complete with HOT chocolate song and Squeals. Then there is a 15th anniversary car and the Abandoned toy are for this White top set.

NOt to mention the PE Freight Boxcar with Freight car sounds!

Last edited by prrhorseshoecurve
jeremy ferrell posted:

I picked up all the up 21" cars so far and the RPO.  The challenger cars are fantastic and for whatever the reason I prefer them over the excursion vs.   I will probably pick up both add ons packs because I want to get as many domes as possible as their excursion trains are full of domes.   Ill probably do one of each baggage and they greyhound rpo.   That old weaver tooling is very nice. and blends in well with the 21" cars to answer your question.  The yellow RPO looks right at home in the challenger consist

Never mind looking up the info on the RPO's.  I decided to purchase them.  I will dig in to the PE stuff tomorrow, and place my order.

prrhorseshoecurve posted:

Page 23?  I only see the NYC set on PAge 23! Do you mean PAge #152 & 153? IF so the "HOT chocolate car will have station sounds complete with HOT chocolate song and Squeals. Then there is a 15th anniversary car and the Abandoned toy are for this White top set.

NOt to mention the PE Freight Boxcar with Freight car sounds!

Sorry about the page numbers.  Must have been the excitement of the new catalog.  Good news, I kept the pre-order less than 4 digits.  

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.