Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

MIKE BROUSE posted:

why does a 2020 running at 12 volts draw 3.6 amps.?

We’re going to need a little more info than that.....are you pulling a train? If so, how many, free rolling, or bricks? Track radius? Does it pull those kinda amps in forward? What does it do in reverse? ........smoke working? We need more clues to help ya buddy!.......Pat

Last edited by harmonyards
MIKE BROUSE posted:

more info, drive train free and oiled. Motor bushings same as new clearance. runs fine at all speeds, runs warm to touch. does not smoke. armature does not drag on field .

• Well, I have 096 curves too...and I just so happen to have a the same 2020....let me go plunk it down on the tracks, and see what kinda amps I get at 12 volts....be right back.......Pat
MIKE BROUSE posted:

more info, drive train free and oiled. Motor bushings same as new clearance. runs fine at all speeds, runs warm to touch. does not smoke. armature does not drag on field .

So I put mine on the layout.....yours does a little bit better than mine....mine keeps a nice pace at 12 volts drawing 3.8 amps....I took out the mammoth bulb just for giggles, and at 12 volts, I only draw 2.2 amps....so in my case, it’s the bulb, that just so happens to be darn near as big as blinker bulb for a car.......hope that helps...........Pat

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.