Skip to main content

I just bought a 2367 Wabash F3 that will be a runner on my layout. There are a number of scratches in the gray paint where the blue is showing through. Any suggestions on how to touch up the gray with a color that matches well? I dont have the ability to strip and repaint the whole body - like the great work that many of you have done - but I am looking for a simple solution that makes this runner look good from 3 feet away. Before I grab a paint pen at Menards, I thought that I would consult the experts.

Thanks

Original Post

The common 2367 cab has a few of issues. The gray paint is soft and often flakes easily. Also the nose screw area is more prone to cracks for some reason than other similar F3 cabs. I had one once with bad original paint on the roof. I rubbed the bad paint down with rubbing and polishing compound to feather in the edges of the gray paint around all the scrapes, scratches and flaked areas. Then I just masked off the rest of the body and sprayed the roof with plastic safe gray paint. Made a nice runner for me and looked good even a foot away.

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.