Skip to main content

They try again...dunno maybe this time more succesfully...kind of look weird the 2-4-2 Scout engine in Nascar color and maybe a tank car would have been more appropriate than a coal hopper...!!!!!

Buschtrain_z

the other can be seen there ----------->  http://www.lionelnascarcollect...oducts/NASCAR-Trains

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Buschtrain_z
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Things that make you go hummmmmmmm. These steam engines should pull better than the last offering's diesels.

Albert Einstein's definition of insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Last time there were actually two cars that I liked out of the whole run. Don't see anything that appeals to me this time, well maybe the M&M's hopper car. Might be worth waiting for the break-ups. What's up with putting the race cars in gondolas?

Gilly

Originally Posted by Gilly@N&W:

Albert Einstein's definition of insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

I was going to say that, but I thought it was a little too harsh. I guess Lionel likes bankruptcy and this would be a good place to start. If you remember back in the '60's race cars Put the train biz under and they can do it again with stuff like this. most train people could care less about Nascar!

With the steamers these sets look weird!

I picked up the old sets, 2 nascar and 1 Dale Jr and add on packs when they were blown out before and got a few extra of the expansion packs,at $29 a set was worth it. I made up a few other team names to go with it!

And picked up the 1/64 Trucks trailers and cars at Walmart and the like when they were cheap. The train seem to run OK.

I think they looked better with the Diesels then steamers!  

Maybe Lionel doesn't realize that Nascar is dying. The ridiculous rule changes in racing has taken it from the fastest growing spectator sport to venues with thousands of empty seats. You couple that with sponsors bailing out on some of the big teams, and it ain't rocket science that fans may not be interested in a Nascar train.

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.