some more color applied....
Hmmm, I never posted any updates here? I must have posted them somewhere else on this forum. Sorry Matt!
So I'm playing around doing easy stuff to move forward. I tried cutting my steps and fitting them in only to get frustrated at trying to space them correctly. So I figured for something easy to do, I'd just apply some reflective tape to the painted cab side to get it right. I haven't finished the frame edge detailing yet so I can't stripe that. I still have to paint the pilots once the steps are attached.
I looked at the pics of the real thing for stripe placement, and just noticed the bottom of the cab is blacked out. I didn't notice that when I was painting her.
So I ran down stairs to look at my MTH O scale version and sure enough, they painted it black too. More work and not so easy.
I guess I'll have to mask it off and spray some more paint! One step forward and two steps back again.