Skip to main content

Arnold D. Cribari posted:

T minus 9 days to go.

Trains galore at the 12/9/18 Westchester Toy and Train Show at the County Center in White Plains, NY, and Forum Luncheon at 12:30 that day at the City Limits Diner across the street.

Arnold

Oh no Arnold... I hope you ain’t going to turn this into the Christmas version of Eddie G’s biannual York countdown  

Apples55 posted:

T minus 9 days to go.

Trains galore at the 12/9/18 Westchester Toy and Train Show at the County Center in White Plains, NY, and Forum Luncheon at 12:30 that day at the City Limits Diner across the street.

Arnold

Oh no Arnold... I hope you ain’t going to turn this into the Christmas version of Eddie G’s biannual York countdown  

Great idea, Paul. Thanks for putting that idea into my head. LOL.

Apples55 posted:

T minus 9 days to go.

Arnold

Great idea, Paul. Thanks for putting that idea into my head. LOL.

D1E05F9E-B1AF-4536-B7C3-DDF62E7A3DBB

Attachments

Images (1)
  • D1E05F9E-B1AF-4536-B7C3-DDF62E7A3DBB
coach joe posted:

Will we be trying to meet at the County Center or just say City Limits at 12:30?

Very good question, Coach Joe.

I suggest we meet at 12:15 at the table where Tom (MNCW) is a dealer (see his above replies on this thread), and then we can introduce ourselves, chat for a few minutes, and walk over together to City Limits Diner.

Does that sound like a plan? 

Arnold

coach joe posted:

Will we be trying to meet at the County Center or just say City Limits at 12:30?

I suggest we meet at 12:15 at the table where Tom (MNCW) is a dealer (see his above replies on this thread), and then we can introduce ourselves, chat for a few minutes, and walk over together to City Limits Diner.

Arnold

Might I suggest meeting at Tom’s table at high noon... that way we can take advantage of his implied bribe and take a commemorative photo enshrining our visages for display in the local Post Office  

Apples55 posted:
coach joe posted:

Arnold

Might I suggest meeting at Tom’s table at high noon... that way we can take advantage of his implied bribe and take a commemorative photo enshrining our visages for display in the local Post Office  

That works for me. Arnold

You won't believe this.

In view of the fact that the White Plains Train Station (Harlem Division) is only a 10 minute walk from the County Center where the train show will take place, and City Limits Diner where the Forum luncheon will be, I've arranged to very special trains to run that day.

Specifically, this Penn Central passenger train and Chessie System freight train:

You will be safe if you take the train. Notice how that signal bridge works like a Swiss watch.

Now, you can take the passenger train, but if you really want to have fun, I can arrange for you to have a seat in the caboose of the freight train and sip hot coffee there or, better yet, ride on the roof of one of the box cars!

Attachments

Videos (1)
20181204_075056
RailRide posted:

Ah, the show is on a Sunday. I may well be able to swing on over and check it out. Is there going to be a gathering spot at the show before heading to the diner? I've been to this show plenty of times, but not the diner, (though I've probably seen it many a time since I've traveled home from this show on the Route 20 bus)

---PCJ

Glad you asked, PCJ.

Yes, as mentioned above in this thread, we are meeting at 12 noon at the table of Tom Panettiere (MNCW), who is one of the dealers at the train show. Arnold

T minus 4 days to go, and the weather is looking good:

MTH Railking Pennsy K4 pulling long string of of Postwar operating dump cars. Plenty of coal for our stockings this year.

Great display as always Arnold.  Hopefully you have been good enough not to have black diamonds in yours. I would love to attend the show but the 9 hr drive from NW Ohio is a bit much this time of year. Pics would be cool.

Fendermain

Fendermain posted:

T minus 4 days to go, and the weather is looking good:

MTH Railking Pennsy K4 pulling long string of of Postwar operating dump cars. Plenty of coal for our stockings this year.

Great display as always Arnold.  Hopefully you have been good enough not to have black diamonds in yours. I would love to attend the show but the 9 hr drive from NW Ohio is a bit much this time of year. Pics would be cool.

Fendermain

Totally understandable, maybe one day we will meet at a Forum get-together in York, the Mecca for O Gauge. 

I find the videos you post of your trains running on your layout, Fendermain, to be very charming. Arnold

T MINUS 1 DAY AND COUNTING!

Apollo Flight Controllers, this is Houston, when you know, give me a final Go, No Go, for Lunch (this is where we stand so far):

Arnold (me), Go

Melgar, Go

Bob (RSJB18), Maybe

Coach Joe, Maybe

Leroof, Go (he and his wife are already on their way from the great State of Maine 6+ hours away!)

John (BlueComet400), Go

Tom (MNCW), Go for Show, and where we will be in orbit from 12 to 12:30.

Paul (AppleS55), Maybe

PCJ (Railride), Maybe

Failure is not an option! LOL

Last edited by Arnold D. Cribari

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.