Made some more progress this weekend on my Lehigh Valley Baldwin VO-1000 3RS project. Pilot shims and Kadees are now installed. I also replaced the missing rear coupler cut lever and brackets with the scratch-built ones I showed in my earlier post (above).
I got really lucky on the coupler pockets. Something told me to try one of Mario's GP7/9 pockets (ordered from Shapeways a while back for a future project) just to see if it would be close to the right size. I was thinking maybe it would work with some modifications. As it turned out, it fit like a glove in the existing pilot opening...not a bit of filing or filling needed!!
I also added pilot grab irons and a lantern-hanging bracket on the front grill per the prototype.
Next up will be my first attempt at making and installing full-length handrails, and installing pilot brake lines/air hoses/glad hands.
Here are some progress photos. It looks like crap right now with all the green putty and bare metal, but she'll clean up nicely with some LV Cornell red!!