Skip to main content

Originally Posted by Hot Water:
Originally Posted by Larry Mullen:
I'm in PA so I think it might be quite a drive to the nearest town, but it's something I need to do.  Sorry, I was too vague given the title of the thread.  I was actually wanting the measurement of the main headlight. 

Thanks.

Then I suggest that you contact the Union Pacific Historical Society, and purchase the drawing/drawings for the headlight mounting on the FEF-3 class locomotives. One way or another the UPHS should be able to help you.

From the UPHS, "If you locate the headlight in the center of the smokebox with about 6” between the back of the light and the surface of the smokebox you will be pretty darn close. Please remember that on steam locomotives many mistakenly believe that everything on every locomotive was exactly in the same location. The fact is that over the lifetime of the equipment appliances are added or moved and a welder did not always go back to the erection floor drawings. This 6” dimension is true for 844 right now but it may not be true for all the 800 locomotives."

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.