Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Trainlover9943 posted:
breezinup posted:
Trainlover9943 posted:

I guess the 261 will be reissued.

You guess? Why?

Haven't seen the catalog yet, so I can't confirm it. Someone on the Buy/sale section is selling there 261 and someone said that it will be redone in the new book. 

Yes, saw that. That sounded like a rumor or something he imagined for which there's no evidence, which you've repeated.

Don't know why he said that; it's certainly kind of a jerky thing to say in a post of someone trying to sell an engine.

breezinup posted:
Trainlover9943 posted:
breezinup posted:
Trainlover9943 posted:

I guess the 261 will be reissued.

You guess? Why?

Haven't seen the catalog yet, so I can't confirm it. Someone on the Buy/sale section is selling there 261 and someone said that it will be redone in the new book. 

Yes, saw that. That sounded like a rumor or something he imagined for which there's no evidence, which you've repeated.

Don't know why he said that; it's certainly kind of a jerky thing to say in a post of someone trying to sell an engine.

Agreed. Makes me wonder if it'll be in there though. 

Marty Fitzhenry posted:

I would bet against Lionel doing the 261 again.  

I'd be surprised, too. Historically, Lionel has tried to avoid re-issuing the same engines, without some kinds of changes, even if somewhat minor. For example, the GS-4 was reissued, but not until a fair number of years had passed, and then the reissues had black wheels and different numbers, among other differences.

I agree that it's very doubtful the 261 will be reissued, even if the S-3 returns at some future date. Lionel doesn't like redoing the same road numbers, judging from past practices. Also, there's usually a space in time between the time they first issued the engine and the next time, which is usually longer than the time that's passed since they issued the S-3. 

There are exceptions to everything. We'll see.

I don't expect Lionel will actually do this - it would be too good to be true - but I'd gladly buy a Lionmaster Legacy-equipped GG1.  Especially if it included that new "arcing light" feature they came up with for the Vision Line version.

More realistically, I'd be keen to see the Lionmaster PRR T1.  (I never object to re-using the tooling in the Lionmaster series.)

But a really welcome innovation would be some European engines.  (Besides the Hogwarts Express!)  I just love trains: GG1s and Crocodiles alike.  Kind of frustrating how hard it is to find 3-rail O gauge models of the Mallard or the Flying Scotsman.  I'm sure if Lionel ever did expand in this way, however, they would debut it in their Signature/Vol 1. catalogue.

BC1989 posted:

More realistically, I'd be keen to see the Lionmaster PRR T1.  (I never object to re-using the tooling in the Lionmaster series.)

Better than that, at least for me and a number of others, would be a LionMaster J.  They may do a traditional J in LC+ at some point, but I'd much prefer a more detailed version in the LM line. Also, it would be nice to see a re-run of the LM NYC Hudson, with Legacy, of course.

Didn't Ryan K. say on a recent Notch 6 interview that everything in this catalog is going to be "new"? I suppose that might be relative to the kind of changes Breezinup mentions but I am not holding my breath.

A re-issued GE Evo (see picture above) would not be "new" but I've never understood why Lionel hasn't made this model, or the sound-equipped Ethanol tank cars, again given the prices they command in the aftermarket.

I always look forward to the new catalogs.  Even if there is nothing I want I enjoy looking through them.  Of course after the release we get to hear all the good, bad, and ugly here on the forum.  That alone can be more entertaining than the catalog itself.  I'm sure Ryan and Dave are pulling their Kevlar body armor out of storage.

I haven't purchased anything from any of the manufacturers catalogs in a couple of years worth noting because at this stage I am very particular with what I purchase.  I'm actually hoping there is something that has me pulling out my wallet.  If not there is always February and April.  I am particularly interested to see where the Legacy / BlueTooth control combo is going.

I've said in the past, I think they could offer the scale Polar Berk every few catalogs and sell with no problems so here's hoping for one of those.

Last edited by MartyE
Hancock52 posted:

Didn't Ryan K. say on a recent Notch 6 interview that everything in this catalog is going to be "new"? I suppose that might be relative to the kind of changes Breezinup mentions but I am not holding my breath.

A re-issued GE Evo (see picture above) would not be "new" but I've never understood why Lionel hasn't made this model, or the sound-equipped Ethanol tank cars, again given the prices they command in the aftermarket.

The prices have tanked on these items and if they where remade they be more or at the price there at right now .. ge evos are selling for 1200 to 1300 mint . I seen them as low as 900... 

BC1989 posted:

I don't expect Lionel will actually do this - it would be too good to be true - but I'd gladly buy a Lionmaster Legacy-equipped GG1.  Especially if it included that new "arcing light" feature they came up with for the Vision Line version.

But a really welcome innovation would be some European engines.  (Besides the Hogwarts Express!)  I just love trains: GG1s and Crocodiles alike.  Kind of frustrating how hard it is to find 3-rail O gauge models of the Mallard or the Flying Scotsman.  I'm sure if Lionel ever did expand in this way, however, they would debut it in their Signature/Vol 1. catalogue.

I agree, my 8 year old has been asking for a Lionel A4 Mallard for years. When I explained Lionel don't make one. He retorted that Santa can make one... .

Just can't disagree with the logic..

I gave up waiting a few days ago when some really good deals have come up on Darstaed's 3rail O gauge A4s. Matching Thompson teak carriages are at a great price as well.

Super-Chuffer is ordered..  , just got to order Cruise Commander and Railsounds to fully load this puppy 

There are loads of O gauge 3 rail Flying Scotsman models available. Part of the reason MTH went with the Duchess model was the market was saturated with Corgi/Bassett Lowke models. 

Nick

Hot Water posted:

J DADDY,

Since Sunset/3rd Rail has already produced each and every on of the models you showed, above, would there REALLY be that large of a market for more of them?

Yes Jack, we bring that argument up over and over. However, to bring these to market with the latest Legacy sound and operating features, it would open my wallet.

J Daddy posted:
Hot Water posted:

J DADDY,

Since Sunset/3rd Rail has already produced each and every on of the models you showed, above, would there REALLY be that large of a market for more of them?

Yes Jack, we bring that argument up over and over. However, to bring these to market with the latest Legacy sound and operating features, it would open my wallet.

Just my opinion but, I much prefer highly detailed model accuracy over "Legacy sound and operating features".

Hot Water posted:
J Daddy posted:
Hot Water posted:

J DADDY,

Just my opinion but, I much prefer highly detailed model accuracy over "Legacy sound and operating features".

I tend to agree.  I guess it depends on what the level of detail is acceptable for a person.

MartyE posted:
Hot Water posted:
J Daddy posted:
Hot Water posted:

J DADDY,

I tend to agree.  I guess it depends on what the level of detail is acceptable for a person.

Yes... a perfect opportunity for Lionel to introduce via its new brass hybrid products.

20170426_163411

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 20170426_163411
Last edited by J Daddy
Hancock52 posted:

Didn't Ryan K. say on a recent Notch 6 interview that everything in this catalog is going to be "new"? ...

Keep in mind... "new" doesn't necessarily imply new tooling.  For example, it would be great to see the Ethanol tank cars with FreightSounds again, and all Lionel needs to do is create a new SKU with a different road-name, or same road-name with different road-numbers, and voilla... that's a "new offering". 

David

Rocky Mountaineer posted:
Hancock52 posted:

Didn't Ryan K. say on a recent Notch 6 interview that everything in this catalog is going to be "new"? ...

Keep in mind... "new" doesn't necessarily imply new tooling.  For example, it would be great to see the Ethanol tank cars with FreightSounds again, and all Lionel needs to do is create a new SKU with a different road-name, or same road-name with different road-numbers, and voilla... that's a "new offering". 

David

I'm really hoping for more sound cars. 

jojofry posted:
Hancock52 posted:

The prices have tanked on these items and if they where remade they be more or at the price there at right now .. ge evos are selling for 1200 to 1300 mint . I seen them as low as 900... 

It was only a matter of time this would happen.  Perhaps now we'll see a couple of BNSF #6436 units hit the market at the same time.  Wouldn't that be a hoot!    Or better yet, maybe Lionel might issue some new road numbers.

Last edited by Rocky Mountaineer
breezinup posted:
SJC posted:

I'd also be a buyer on a Legacy LionMaster T1. Been wanting one of those for a long, long time. Always thought that was a really cool engine.

Why don't you just try posting a "Wanted" on the Forum? Last time someone did that he had several folks come forward with Lionmaster Legacy T1s.

I will not, except in very rare occasions, buy used "Modern" engines with all the bells and whistles.

Gotten nothing but bad apples. I'll stick to used Postwar and brand new modern, with a warranty.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.