I should have said...Property taxes! maybe it makes more sense now.
The seller threw in 2 pieces of Lionel T-Rail track, seen in the photo below, under the track the loco is resting on. These are the first 2 pieces I've ever had. I think they are pretty nice looking.
Anyone have any thoughts on Lionel T-Rail track? Summarizing from what I've read about T-Rail:
- It was first cataloged in 1935 by Lionel
- The Zamac ties can be prone to Zinc Pest
- You bolted the pieces together, like real track
- They are heavy and not flexible
- The rail is solid (not sure what metal the rail is made from although I saw it is supposed to be good for Magnetraction)
If these are the only 2 pieces I have, at least they are in good shape with no signs of Zinc Pest/Rot.
Here is an older topic about it: